24 November 2017
The Nokia 8 is the first Android flagship from the brand which used to rule the mobile phone industry once. It comes with pure Android experience along with high-end specifications for a comparatively cheaper price which makes it one of the worth recommending smartphones. But since it is a flagship, it needs to compete against other flagships which is the reason for this speed test comparison featuring the Nokia 8 (6GB RAM variant) and Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Exynos 8895 variant).
73.7 x 151.5 x 7.9 mm
5.3 inches - 2560x1440 px
73.4 x 159.5 x 8.1 mm
6.2 inches - 2960x1440 px
The first part of the speed test is the boot time comparison where both Nokia 8 and Galaxy S8+ performed quite similarly. The next step is to check for the app/games launch time and multi-tasking where Samsung's flagship took 1 minute 56 seconds to complete the first lap which included a bunch apps and games. As for the Nokia 8, it managed to complete the same round 16 seconds faster.
In terms of multi-tasking, the Galaxy S8+ was able to keep apps running in the background but failed when it came to games. It reloaded all of the games that were launched. On the other hand, the 6GB RAM Nokia 8 did not disappoint in any way and kept all apps and games running.
You can check out the complete Nokia 8 and Galaxy S8+ speed test video below:
- 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB storage
- Dual 13-megapixel rear cameras with f/2.0 aperture, laser and phase detection autofocus, OIS, and dual-LED flash
- 13-megapixel front cameras with f/2.0 aperture and phase detection autofocus
- 3090mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat (promised upgrade to Android Oreo)
- Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C, and IP54 certified
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB storage, 6GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS, 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP autofocus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- The Nokia 8 isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is available at Amazon for $ 262. The price/quality is good and this is the best device in this price range.