14 December 2017
So, OnePlus 5T is finally here and ready to give a tough challenge to some of the flagship phones of the market that are tagged at a higher price. And, the first name we have to exemplify here is none other than the Apple iPhone X.
OnePlus’ smartphones have proved themselves in this challenging competition and they’ve made their own respect in the market. OnePlus 5 has thrashed many phones not only in terms of camera quality but also in performance and now the OnePlus 5T is hitting the same pitch with all its virtues. While you’ll see so many comparisons in the coming days, it’s good to start by differentiating it against the likes of Apple’s 10th-anniversary edition of iPhone.
75 x 156.1 x 7.3 mm
6.01 inches - 2160x1080 px
70.9 x 143.6 x 7.7 mm
5.8 inches - 2436x1125 px
Now, just like any other speed test, the YouTuber EverythingApplePro opened several third-party apps on both the phones to check which phone opens the apps faster in less time. Interestingly, OnePlus 5T opened the apps faster than the iPhone X. And, while OnePlus 5T was resting after opening up all the apps in the test, iPhone X was still opening them. Whether they are heavy games like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or apps like Snapchat and Instagram, OnePlus 5T opened them quickly and faster than its competitor in this speed test.
One thing must be noted that many apps are still not updated for iOS 11, so this could be a reason for a tiny bit lag in opening the apps.
However, in the second round, OnePlus 5T took a bit more time, this may be due to the 4K exports, according to the YouTuber. Talking about the RAM management, OnePlus 5T loaded up the apps exactly where they were left contrary to iPhone X results.
The speed test comparison video includes much more interesting tidbits. So, let's not unfold the remaining mystery and watch the video on your own.
- 6.01-inch (2106 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7, Upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX376K sensor, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band, Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD display display
- Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
- 64GB RAM
- 256GB storage options
- iOS 11
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- 2716mAH battery