18 December 2017
Huawei has launched the Nova 2s smartphone in China that features a 6-inch Full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. Nova 2s is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 SoC with IntelliSense i6 sensor hub and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo update with EMUI 8.0.
Huawei Nova 2s features a 20MP front-facing camera along with a 2MP camera for depth of field bokeh effect along with a selfie flash. Also, the rear side of the device features the dual cameras, that include a 16MP RGB and 20MP monochrome lens. The device also has a support for the face recognition. The device features a shiny glass back and has a fingerprint sensor on the front.
- 6-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 960 processor + i6 co-processor, Mali G71 Octa-core GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage
- 4GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) Dual rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 20MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, secondary 2MP camera, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / Glonass, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3340mAh (typical) battery
The Huawei Nova 2s comes is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 408) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, 2999 yuan (US$ 454) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the special Yixing Zhang customized 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3399 yuan (US$ 514 / Rs. 33,165 approx.). It will be available in Black, Gray, Red, Rose Gold and Blue colors.