09 January 2018
Razer Phone is now receiving a new software update which primarily brings a lot of camera and audio improvements. The update has arrived within a week of the official announcement where the company talked about improving the camera performance. It is a fairly small update as it weighs only 97MB but is a quite significant one if you own a Razer Phone.
It is an OTA update which means you should see an update notification anytime soon. You can also choose to check for it manually by visiting phone's settings.
Here is the official changelog for the latest Razer Phone update:
- Improved shutter speed in low light and when using HDR
- Reduced noise and clearer shadows
- Improved picture quality with better color cast
- Crushed bugs and performance improvements
- "Tweaked the knobs" for greater clarity during playback
- Improved call quality for HD Audio
- Fixed some issues with Dolby audio
- Smoothed out the auto-brightness luminosity
- Updated Arrival theme icons to a dark style
- Various other bug fixes
To give you an overview, the Razer Phone sports a 5.7-inch Quad HD+ (2560 x 1440 pixels) IGZO display with 120GHz refresh rate. It has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 8GB of RAM. There is 64GB internal storage with microSD card support up to 256GB. On the back, it features dual 12-megapixel cameras with f/1.8 and f/2.6 aperture and support for PDAF, 2x optical zoom, and dual-LED dual-tone flash. On the front, you will find an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture. The whole package is powered by a 4000mAh battery and it runs Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.