Android 12 Jun
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and the Apple iPhone X are the two new high-end handsets giving tough competition to each other in almost every segment be it about the camera quality, display, or performance. The two brawny devices are the perfect blend of beauty and performance. They both house powerful chipset and huge RAM to execute everything smoothly or without any interruption and this blend is quite helpful for the mobile gamers.
Galaxy S9 Plus is powered by Snapdragon 845 processor and the iPhone X gets its immense power from the A11 Bionic chip. Such a powerful configuration ensures a smoother and uninterrupted service. But, when it comes to gaming a strong hardware configuration is just not enough. There are several software side optimizations that go hand in hand with the hardware and thus have their own vital role in providing a lag-free experience when gaming is concerned.
73.8 x 158.1 x 8.5 mm
6.2 inches - 2960x1440 px
70.9 x 143.6 x 7.7 mm
5.8 inches - 2436x1125 px
Galaxy S9 Plus and iPhone X are fast enough in executing any tasks or in doing multitasking. They also have a good battery life to let the mobile gamers stick to themselves for longer hours.
The YouTuber XEETECHCARE has come up with yet another comparison that now compares the Galaxy S9 Plus and iPhone X in terms of gaming. The YouTuber plays several high-end games, all of them set at high settings to let you know how the two devices perform.
Apple iPhone X allows the games to be capped at the maximum 60fps by giving a lag-free experience. On the other hand, Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus reportedly can't play games for a longer period at this frames per second and the game settings tuned to high settings make only use of the 30fps. However, here, the device seems to be playing the games at around 40fps, still significantly lower than what an iPhone can play. Samsung has provided game launcher to its top Galaxy flagships so that the games could run from one place and in a faster mode.
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 5 and HDR 10 compliant
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 and Exynos 9810 processor (depending on the region)
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB or 256GB storage (microSD card supported)
- Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with f/1.5-2.4 and f/2.4 aperture, OIS, PDAF, Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom, and LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture and Auto HDR
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Iris scanner, fingerprint scanner, DeX support, Bixby AI, and USB Type-C port
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD display display
- Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB/256GB storage options
- iOS 11
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- 2716mAH battery
- The Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus is available at Amazon for $ 359. The price/quality is avarage but this is the best device in this price range.
- The Apple iPhone X isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.