16 May 2018
OnePlus has released the new OxygenOS 5.1.0 update for all OnePlus 5 and 5T users worldwide. The biggest change included in the update is an upgrade to Android 8.1 Oreo. It means with this update, OnePlus 5/5T has become one of the few selected smartphones in the world which are running Android 8.1 Oreo.
Other than the upgrade, OnePlus has released April security patch for the devices to bring them at par with the latest monthly security update from Google. The team has further added full-screen gesture support for OnePlus 5T users. These gestures allow users to accomplish certain tasks with minimal effort. These were first introduced in Open Beta 3 but are making their way to the stable channel for the first time.
Here is the complete official changelog for the update:
- Updated system to Android 8.1 Oreo
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost - network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
It is an OTA update which means you should see the update notification anytime soon. It can also be checked manually by visiting phone's settings. One thing to keep in mind is that it is an incremental update which means it will become available to a small set of users first followed by expansion to all other users.