06 December 2018
Xiaomi announced the Mi MIX 3 just a few hours ago and it comes with everything that you would expect from a Mi MIX series smartphone. It means it has a bezel-less display with a very high screen-to-body ratio, flagship specifications, good camera, no notch, and even a special edition. But it has one more thing which is a first for any commercially announced smartphone around the world and it is the support for 5G connectivity.
Yes, you read that right. The Mi MIX 3 has a 5G network compatible variant as well but it not ready for the prime time yet. Xiaomi said that this particular version is expected to become available for purchase sometime in Q1 2019. The team did not go into much details about this aspect which means we do not if there will be a price difference between standard offerings and the 5G version.
It goes without saying that even though Mi MIX 3 5G version starts selling now or in next few months, it would not work on 5G until and unless some carrier in your region starts providing 5G connectivity. Other than this, Qualcomm has already confirmed that there would be two different waves of 5G flagship smartphones next year. One of Xiaomi's closest rivals in the premium segment OnePlus is also set to release its own 5G phone in 2019.
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) OLED display with 93.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 6GB/8GB RAM (standard edition) and 10GB RAM (special edition)
- 128GB and 256GB internal storage
- Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with f/1.8 and f/2.0 aperture, Dual Pixel autofocus, OIS, AI scene detection
- 24-megapixel and 2-megapixel dual selfie cameras with selfie-light
- Undisclosed battery with 10W wireless charger bundled with the package