17 December 2018
It has been a good number of months since Xiaomi released MIUI 10, the latest iteration of the company's custom skin MIUI. A number of smartphones have already received the upgrade and while many others are in the response of receiving the same. One such smartphone is the entry-level Redmi 5A which is now receiving MIUI 10 update.
It is an over the air (OTA) update which will be rolled out to all the Redmi 5A users in phases. It means some users will be receiving it earlier and remaining others. If you are a Redmi 5A user, you should be seeing an update notification anytime soon. If you are not, you can always check for the same by visiting the Settings -> About phone -> System updates -> Check for updates.
Here is the official changelog for the Redmi 5A MIUI 10 update:
- Designed for full-screen experience
All-new UI is tailored for full-screen devices and lets the content take the front stage.
- Natural sound system
You won't get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of the new MIUI.
We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you'll hear something only when you need to.
Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what's important.
- Other improvements and optimizations
Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too!
70.1 x 140.4 x 8.4 mm
5 inches - 1280x720 px
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB storage (microSD card supported)
- 13-megapixel rear shooter
- 5-megapixel front shooter
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 mm x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 137g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 3000mAh