07 March 2019
Honor's first global launch event of the year is over which means the much-awaited flagship Honor View 20 is finally available globally. It was announced at the event held in Paris where we also got to see the global unveiling of a few other products as well. These include the Honor Watch Magic smartwatch, Honor Band 4 fitness tracker, and FlyPods Lite wireless earbuds. Let's have a look at them one by one.
The Honor View 20 is the latest Android flagship from the brand. It was originally released as Honor V20 in China last month but will be sold in rest of the world under this new name. Other than the change of the name, everything else is exactly the same when it comes to features and specifications.
Here is what you will be getting:
- 6.4-inch (1080 x 2310 pixels) FHD+ LCD IPS display
- HUAWEI Kirin 980 processor with 720 MHz ARM Mali-G76MP10 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, AIS, TOF 3D secondary camera
- 25MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 22.5W (4.5V-5A) fast charging
The Honor View 20 has been priced at €569 for the 128GB model and at €649 for the 256GB model with the option to choose from Sapphire Blue and Midnight Black color variants. There is also a special edition named Honor View 20 Moschino Edition which is available in Phantom Blue and Phantom Red color options. Honor has made both models available for sale in all the markets including France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
The Honor Watch Magic is the brand's first smartwatch for the European market. It debuted in China last year and as you might expect, it brings the same things to the other part of the world. It has been priced at €179 with availability already underway for anyone interested in getting one. The available color options include Black, Blue, and Silver. There is also a variant named Honor Watch Dream which is same as the Magic but with smaller bezels and pastel colors.
- 1.2-inch AMOLED display (390 x 390 pixels)
- ARM M4 processor
- 16MB RAM
- 128MB internal storage
- Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, and NFC
- 178mAh battery (up to 7 days on a single charge)
- Water resistance up to 50 meters
- Heart-rate monitor
Like other products, the Honor Band 4 is also receiving a global release. It was first launched in Honor's home market of China followed by an India release. The biggest highlight of the fitness tracker is its battery backup which is claimed to last you for up to 14 days on a single charge. It has been priced €69 with the sale already live.
- 0.95-inch AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass
- Water-resistant for up to 50 meters
- 100mAh battery
- Bluetooth and NFC support
- PPG heart-rate sensor
- Infrared sensor
- Sleep tracking with personalized sleeping suggestions
Lastly, Honor unveiled FlyPods Lite which are wireless earbuds. They look exactly like Apple's AirPods in terms of design and appearance. They feature Bluetooth 5.0 with a playback time of about 12 hours. These have been priced at €99 with sales already live for them too.