24 April 2019
Vivo has started rolling out NEX S Android Pie upgrade for its users. It is the newest Android version which will be replacing Android 8.1 Oreo, the pre-installed software on the premium smartphone from last year. The update brings all major Android Pie features along with new design and improved AI features.
It is an over the air software update release which means NEX S users should be receiving the update notification anytime soon. It weighs at about 2.7GB in size which is the reason it is advised to connect to a WiFi connection before starting the download process.
Here is the official changelog for Vivo NEX S Android Pie update:
- Jovi Smart Scene – the Jovi AI assistant provides useful suggestions and recommendations depending on where you are. If you are driving or at work, the assistant will be able to tell and provide suggestions and bring up reminders related to your current location.
- Jovi Voice Assistant – Jovi AI assistant now supports some voice commands. You just need to say the action word followed by your command.
- Camera optimization – The quality of pictures have been further improved.
- Game Box – Gaming mode where users are not interrupted by notifications and calls. There is also a performance mode that improves the speed and performance of supported games.
- iHousekeeper – Improved system and storage cleaning function.
- File Sharing – New interface, supports cross-platform sharing including the transfer of files from iPhones, and the transfer of web pages.
- Simultaneous connection to two Bluetooth devices: You will be able to connect to two audio devices at once and set one of the devices for call audio output but ringtone will be played from both phones.
If you are a NEX S user, keep looking for an update notification which should be arriving in coming days.
- 6.59-inch Full HD+ (2316 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- 128GB and 256GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel dual rear cameras with f/1.8 and f/2.4 aperture
- 8-megapixel pop-up selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 4,000mAh battery
- USB Type-C port and in-display fingerprint scanner