18 November 2019
Xiaomi announced MIUI 11 Global ROM last week and also revealed a roadmap for eligible devices. It has kickstarted stable rollout right on schedule as Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, and Redmi 7A have started receiving the MIUI 11 stable update in India. It is an OTA update which means if you have any of these phones, you should be receiving an update notification anytime soon.
The Redmi K20 series is receiving the update with build number MIUI 11 v22.214.171.124. It should be noted that even though this will upgrade the MIUI version on your device, the underlying Android version will continue to be Android Pie. In other words, it is not an Android 10 upgrade which should arrive sometime later.
It is a significant update in terms of size as it weighs 766MB in size. This is the reason we will advise you to connect to a WiFi connection before you start with the downloading process. The update comes with a pretty big changelog which means there are numerous changes and fixes. The changelog is the same for the budget Redmi 7A as well.
Here is the official MIUI 11 v126.96.36.199 changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
Game speed booster
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Optimization: All-new design and UI
- New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- Always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
Sounds of nature
- Notification sounds won't make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Fingerprint icon didn't always disappear after unlocking
- Fix: Fingerprint icon wasn't always displayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen
- Optimization: In-screen fingerprint scanner's response
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off-screen
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- New: More clock formats for Always-on display
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content