10 December 2019
Oppo has unveiled ColorOS 7 global ROM at an event held in India earlier today. It is the latest iteration of Oppo's custom Android skin for its wide range of smartphones. It was originally released last week in China but with the global version, it has made a few tweaks to better suit markets outside China.
ColorOS 7 is based on Android 10 which means you will get all the new Android features that were released by Google. It includes a system-wide dark mode that will work with even those apps which do not support it natively. It can be combined with Eye Protection Mode for an even more comfortable viewing experience.
Oppo says that the new skin is based on its own Infinite Design concept. It is a design concept aimed at simplifying user interface with the goal of making the whole user experience more convenient. It includes a color scheme that is said to be easier on eyes with more focus on white space. There are new customizable wallpapers, new universal themes, redesigned app icons, and new sound effects that have been developed in collaboration with Epic Sound, an audio design company.
The new UI is said to offer 30% overall faster performance, 25% faster app launch time, and 15% faster phone boot time. It comes with improved Game Space that should deliver a better and more immersive gaming experience. There is O-AI power technology claimed to offer a 10% extra battery life for daily usage. It can further save power consumption by 35% as it is capable of learning your sleeping pattern and hibernates your phone during those times.
Here are some of the other ColorOS 7 key features:
- Private Safe: A safe vault for storing your photos, videos, audios, and other documents.
- App Lock: Keep your apps safe from unauthorized access by setting a password, PIN or face unlock.
- Digital Wellbeing: Keep an eye on your daily phone usage and set app usage limits to find the right balance between your digital life and real life.
- Clone Phone: A faster, seamless, and wireless data transfer method while setting up a new Oppo phone.
- Smart Sidebar: Choose and add select apps to a hidden sidebar that can be accessed anytime from anywhere for a faster app launch.
- Smart Assistant: A universal interface to access information like steps counter, weather update, traffic update, latest news, sports scores, and popular apps.
- Soloop: A dedicated short video editor app for Oppo phones.
ColorOS 7 global ROM is currently available as a trial version which essentially means the beta version. Oppo has announced release timeline only for this beta build with no words on the stable version rollout. The list includes only Oppo smartphones as Realme phones will receive a tweaked ColorOS 7 version that will be closer to stock Android.
- Starting November 26th on Reno and Reno 10x Zoom
- Starting December on Reno 2, F11 Pro, F11 Pro Marvel Avenger's Edition, and F11
- Starting Q1 2020 on Find X, Find X Lamborghini Edition, Find X Super VOOC Edition, Reno 2 F, Reno Z, R17, R17 Pro, RX 17 Pro, Reno 2 Z, and A9
- Starting Q2 2020 on F7, F7 128G, F9, F9 Pro, R15 Pro, R15, A9 2020, A5 2020, and K3
If you any of these devices, you will be able to download ColorOS 7 trial version by visiting Settings -> Software Updates -> Setting Icon - Trial Version.