22 May 2020
After more than two months of the OnePlus TV launch, the much-awaited software update has arrived. The latest OnePlus TV update brings support for Netflix, a major app missing from the Android TV since day one. The team has also released a new compatible remote control to go with the app.
Starting with the update, it bears the firmware number V1.8.0T1911211115 and is being rolled out over the air. It is available for both OnePlus TV Q1 and OnePlus TV Q1 Pro models. The official changelog suggests that Netflix will arrive as a pre-installed app. It means users will not have to download and install it separately.
OnePlus has also released a new remote control with dedicated buttons for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube. It also has volume buttons repositioned from the side to the center which is a more convenient placement. There is even a dedicated volume button on the new remote. The good thing is that all existing OnePlus TV users can get this new remote for absolutely free.
Here is the official OnePlus TV update changelog:
- Netflix on board!
- Added setting for directly entering recent “Input Source” at startup
- Optimized volume adjustment experience to increase or decrease audio volume more comfortable
- Pressing volume up and down buttons together to mute the TV
- Remote low battery and charging status notification on TV
- Optimized PQ video pinkish issue