09 January 2020
Realme CEO Madhav Sheth has shared a few official Realme X50 5G photos to offer an early look at the device. There are a total of four photos and all of them show the upcoming smartphone from the back panel. The color variant looks Purple-ish but we are sure Realme will have some fancy name for the same when it will unveil the device on January 7th.
The official images confirm that Realme X50 5G will feature quad rear cameras. It is a vertically-aligned camera setup in the top left corner similar to what we have seen with the likes of Realme X2 Pro, Realme X2, and Realme XT. The primary camera is likely to be a 64-megapixel sensor as it has been the trend among the newest Realme mid-range and flagships. The other three sensors are rumored to be an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 13-megapixel sensor with 5X zoom, and a 2-megapixel super macro sensor.
Realme is undoubtedly very excited about the Realme X50 launch. The reason for the same is evident as it will be the first 5G smartphone from Realme. It will be one of the first smartphones to feature Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G, a chipset aimed at bringing 5G connectivity to mid-range smartphones. The Redmi K30 5G is the first smartphone to get official with the processor and Nokia is another OEM that has confirmed working on its own offering with the new processor.
As for the Realme X50 5G, here are the rumored specifications:
- 6.67-inch Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels) LCD display with a 120Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G processor with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB and 8GB of RAM
- 128GB and 256GB onboard storage
- 64-megapixel Samsung GW1 primary sensor, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle sensor, a 13-megapixel sensor with 5X zoom, and a 2-megapixel super macro sensor
- 32-megapixel Samsung GD1 sensor and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide front camera sensor
- 4,500mAh battery with 30W fast charging
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and back
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Dolby Atmos speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack
Realme is reported to price the Realme X50 5G at CNY 2,199 (~$315) for the base model with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage. The most expensive variant with 8GB RAM and 256GB storage is said to cost CNY 2,799 (~$400).