Tip Us Hey you, we are hiring! Join us if you are an author, developer or designer!

OnePlus Optimized Charging feature will charge phone as per sleeping habits

08 January 2020 0

OnePlus has announced a new OxygenOS feature called Optimized Charging. As the name suggests, the feature is meant to optimize the battery charging process with the goal of improving longevity. Most users are known to charge their smartphones overnight which can eventually affect the battery health in the long run. This is exactly what OnePlus wants to change and make better.

The official forum post explains that Optimized Charging will not charge the smartphone fully in one go. It will charge the phone up to 80% of the overall capacity and then take a pause. It will resume the remaining 20% charging depending on the sleeping habits of the user so that when they wake up, the battery reaches the full capacity.

OnePlus says that the battery charging resuming part will happen around 100 minutes ahead of the "daily wake up time, first alarm or first event to 100% level". It says that the feature will learn from the user behavior to predict the wake-up time more accurately. It can take a few weeks of time for the feature to learn the sleeping habits of the user.

The Optimized Charging feature can be enabled/disabled by visiting system Settings -> Battery -> Optimize Charging. If the feature is enabled, it will show an icon to let users know of the same. There will also be a Continue Charging option in the notification panel for quickly disabling the feature if a user does not want the charging to pause for a particular moment.

As far as the list of supported devices is concerned, OnePlus has not revealed any details yet. We will have to wait for OnePlus to make further announcements.



OnePlus Optimized Charging feature will charge phone as per sleeping habits
Write a comment...

WhatsApp limits message forwarding to one chat a time to fight fake news

OnePlus wireless charger to come with 30W charging speeds, cooling fan | Leak

Asus unveils Chromebook Flip C436 convertible based on Project Athena

OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z to feature Warp Charge, low-latency, and longer battery life