20 January 2020
Xiaomi's Mi A-series of Android One smartphones is supposed to be one of the fastest at receiving new Android version upgrades but it has not been the case. The Mi A2 received the Android 10 update only earlier this week and the latest Mi A3, its users are still waiting. Xiaomi has now revealed an official timeline for the same which is still a few weeks away.
As per Xiaomi India, the Mi A3 will receive an Android 10 update sometime around mid-February 2020. It means users have to wait for about a month before they can start hoping for update notification. It made the announcement on Twitter as a response to the question asked by a Mi A3 user.
Thanks for your excitement and patience. Glad to announce the update will be out in mid February for Mi A3.— Mi India #108MP IS COMING! (@XiaomiIndia) January 14, 2020
With such a significant delay, we can only expect Xiaomi to push a stable Android 10 update with no major bugs and performance issues. It will be a huge let down if Xiaomi fails to do that after taking so much time to push out the upgrade. Android 10 is the newest Android version that brings a number of major changes like system-wide dark mode, navigation gestures, Focus mode, and better privacy controls.
71.85 x 153.48 x 8.47 mm
6.08 inches - 1560x720 px
- 6.09-inch HD+ (1560 x 720 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- 48-megapixel, 8-megapixel, and 2-megapixel triple rear cameras with f/1.8, f/2.2, and f/2.4 aperture
- 32-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 4,030mAh battery with 18W fast charging
- Android 9 Pie