28 January 2020
OnePlus has pushed a new OxygenOS update for OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users around the globe. It is OxygenOS 10.3.1 update but instead of new features, this one is heavily focused on bug fixes. There are numerous bug fixes to improve the overall performance and user experience of the smartphone.
The update size is currently unknown but it is being rolled out over the air. It is advised that you connect to a WiFi connection and then proceed with the downloading process. It should be noted that software updates are usually released in batches which means if you have not received the notification yet, just be patient and it should arrive soon enough.
Here is the official changelog revealing all the bug fixes:
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated security patch to 2019.12
- Optimised the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
While the update notification should arrive on its own, one can also check for the update manually. It can be done by visiting Settings -> System -> System Updates on your OnePlus phone.
- The OnePlus 6T isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The OnePlus 6 is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 284. The price/quality is avarage but this is the best device in this price range.