16 March 2020
Oppo's Reno 3 series has received a new member in the form of the Reno 3 Vitality Edition in China. It is the same as the standard Reno 3 except for a couple of major changes. These include MediaTek processor getting replaced by a Qualcomm chip and main camera sensor getting a change as well.
The Oppo Reno 3 Vitality Edition is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor which we also saw with the Reno 3 Pro 5G. It means this new edition is also a 5G capable smartphone like the other two phones in the family. The team has further replaced the 64-megapixel camera sensor with the 48-megapixel sensor. All other specifications are the same as the standard offering released last year.
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with 20:9 aspect ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 5G processor
- 8GB of RAM
- 128GB storage
- 48-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2-megapixel macro sensor, and 2-megapixel depth sensor
- 32-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 4025mAH battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7.0
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
The Oppo Reno 3 Vitality Edition has been priced at CNY 2,999 (about $429) for the sole 8GB/128GB configuration variant. It has been released in Black, White, and Gold color variants with sales starting February 14th.