25 January 2018
The Lenovo ZUK Z2 is a terminal interesting. Antonio Monacovhas has already reviewed the pro version in which he highlighted few weakness of the devices which includes the lack of support for the Italian language and the presence of some app in chinese.
The first step to solve both the issues,you have to unlock the bootloader. Here is the first hack that allows you to unlock the Bootloader on Lenovo ZUK Z2.
Caution: This procedure will void the warranty and may affect the functionality of your device. Also with this procedure you no longer have the OTA available and your internal memory will be formatted. We would suggest you to take the back up of all your data before performing this procedure.
- PC with Windows
- Lenovo ZUK Z2 or Z2 Pro
- Connection cable USB
- adb / fastboot here
Installation adb / fastboot:
- You can download the ' SDK of Android by clicking here
- Proceed to install the files.
Unlock the Bootloader:
- From your device go to " About -> ZUI version" , scroll down and click " build number " continuously until a message will not be shown on the screen
- Go back to your "Menu Settings " and go to " Advanced settings / Developers Option ", scroll, then, down by activating the debug USB
- Go back to the menu Settings / About / Status
- Write down your serial number (S / N). Now if it is 8 characters do not have to do anything as if the characters are 6 you have to add two 00 end such as to get to occupy all 8 characters.
- Connect your phone to your PC via cable USB ;
- Remember to accept the RSA key by flagging them off as soon as you see the message on the phone;
- Go to the directory folder Fastboot / ADB by holding the "key Shift " and click with the right button of the mouse and once again click " Open Command Window Here ";
- To test the connection to the device which must appear the S / N , In the terminal window type:
- Start the mode bootloader or fastboot . To perform this, you have to run the command code, while the device is connected to the PC:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, the ZUK Z2 is not recognized as a device, you must specify the ' id OEM .The code is "-i 0x2b4c " , any command fastboot must be suffixed with the following code:
- Now, go to this site:
- Enter your SN and wait for the email
- Copy the files unlock_bootloader.img in adb directory
- Now type the following command for unlocking
fastboot -i 0x2b4c flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img
- Once you get the confirmation message, you have to type the following command (which will format your internal memory ):
fastboot oem unlock 0x2b4c -i-go
- You can disconnect the cable USB .
- The Lenovo Zuk Z2 isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro 128GB isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Lenovo ZUK Z2 Pro isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.