LOADING...
Log in and
comment
Username or Email
Password
Forgot password?
Or
Join and
publish
You're almost done! Define a user name and password.
Username
Email
Password
Senha
» Tip Us Hey you, we are hiring! Join us if you are an author, developer or designer!

Google latest Android distribution stats confirm Froyo departure

11 January 2017 0

Google finally released the January Android OS distribution numbers. Although Android Nougat share is almost doubled as compared to last month stats but still it is below 1% combined share of Android 7.0, and 7.1. For the first, after seven years Android Froyo 2.2 is not part of the list anymore.

The Android 7.0 Nougat is currently powering 0.5% of the entire Android ecosystem whereas the Android 7.1 is at 0.2% and its API level is also increased to 25. As we all know the majority of the devices are still looking forward to their smartphone companies to start rolling out latest Android Nougat and in total 0.7% majority share is acquire by Google own hardware devices including Pixels and Nexus smartphones.

We can expect these stats will change pretty soon as companies like Sony is currently testing Android 7.1.1 for their Xperia X lineup devices. Samsung started Beta Nougat program for few months and recently closed it which indicates the company is finally getting ready to release Android 7.1 Nougat for their flagship Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.


In December, a number of smartphone manufacturers start rolling out Android Nougat update. Sony rolls out Nougat for the Xperia lineup devices, HTC One M9 unlocked variant is also amongst those who received Nougat flavor. Last but not the least we have seen Nougat update for the OnePlus 3/3T.

Android Marshmallow is still on top as the single version update and its share increased nearly 3.3 points as compared to last month, now it is acquiring 29.6%. The combined share of Android Lollipop 5.0 and 5.1 is 33.4% which is nearly 0.6% less as compared to December stats.

The Android KitKat share is standing at 22.6% which makes it the third most popular version of Android OS in the market. After removal of Froyo version, the Gingerbread is now the oldest version with 1% share.

It looks like Google removed Froyo after its share goes down below 0.1%. As we all know like all always, these stats are based on Android smartphones accessed Play Store in seven days of Jan till Jan 9th. We would like to hear our readers’ thoughts regarding Android distribution in the comments section below.

(last update 23 January 2017 @ 02:06)

0

Comments

Join our community » Google latest Android distribution stats confirm Froyo departure

HTC U Ultra vs Asus ZenFone AR vs LG V20: Comparison of 5.7-inch phablets

Huawei Honor 6X Vs Honor 5X: which one should you buy?

Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom hands-on | Mobilescout preview

2016 in review : Best Smartphones with their best assets