08 March 2017
Flickr from Yahoo let you upload, access, organize, edit, and share photos for the world to see. Before 2014, the app didn’t require Yahoo account to sign up. But after that, Yahoo demanded the requirement of Yahoo accounts for Flickr Signup. This update again eliminates the Yahoo account requirement.
Verizon is buying a major part of Yahoo and rest of the company will be renamed as Altaba. So, there are some changes happening to Flickr app too. As per the reports, Flickr app will receive some major updates in the near future reflecting these changes. Anyway, given below are the major changes seen in the latest update:
- Stability and performance enhancements.
- Follow your groups straight from your feed with new groups cards.
- Create an account with any email, no Yahoo email address required.
- Lots of other bits and bobs to smooth over the user experience.
As mentioned above, in the updated app, users can create Flickr accounts with any email. The company also updated their web interface to reflect this change. Flickr recently added Samsung Gear VR headset support. Download the app from the link given below. Share your opinion in the comment box.
- Flickr | Android | Google Play Store, Free