09 June 2017
After the Google, I/O 2017, the final build of Android O public release is just matter of few months. Still, there are tons of devices which are either on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 or they are updated to the Android Nougat 7.0 only. Although currently, the latest version of Android OS is Android 7.1.1 still number of flagships are yet to receive this update including the Samsung's latest flagship Galaxy S8 lineup.
So far OnePlus 3/3T is amongst the first devices which receive the latest Android 7.1.1 as an OTA. Other than that most of the latest are either on Android 7.0 or pre-installed with Android 7.1 straight out of the box. Now after the Moto Z2 Play announcement with the latest Android 7.1, it seems like the company is getting ready to update their last year original Moto Z Play with the latest Android Nougat 7.1.
Let's check out what Motorola posted today about the latest update:
- We are excited to announce a new software update for Moto Z Play. This update brings important improvements to your phone.
- For more information on Motorola updates and repairs, visit us at www.motorola.com/mymotoz.
- You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
- This update introduces changes including the following:
- Android™ 7.1.1 Nougat: Many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver and battery features.
- Video calling: Duo is a one-to-one video calling app for everyone – designed to be simple, reliable and fun so you never miss a moment.
- Android security: Includes the updates of Android security patches until June 1st 2017.
- Stability improvements: Includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
- Moto Mods™ support: Updates the Moto Mods platform to the version 2.0.
The good thing is Motorola also shown intentions to update the Indian variant of the Moto X Play as well with the latest Android Nougat 7.1.1. However, currently, the update will be rolled out for the X-Play for soak test purpose. For more details regarding the update, click the source link below.