LOADING...
Log in and
comment
Username or Email
Password
Forgot password?
Or
Join and
publish
You're almost done! Define a user name and password.
Username
Email
Password
Senha
» Tip Us Hey you, we are hiring! Join us if you are an author, developer or designer!

Google releases latest Android distribution data, Nougat rises but Oreo absent

13 September 2017 3

Latest Android distribution numbers are out for the month of September. While Nougat has seen a significant increase in its usage, other versions of Android have seen a decline with the latest Oreo being practically absent.

Android 7.0 rose 1.9 percentage points to 14.2%, while 7.1 saw a smaller .4 point rise to 1.6%. Nougat’s combines share now stands at 15.8% which is slightly up from the 13.5% share of last month. Android Oreo is absent from the numbers despite the fact that its been three weeks since 8.0 was released to the latest Pixel and Nexus devices.

Meanwhile, Marshmallow fell .1 percentage point to 32.2%, but is still the most used version of Android and will likely remain so for the next few months. Lollipop 5.0 and 5.1 combine to 28.8%. Jelly Bean also saw a marginal decline and is at 6.9%, with Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread have both declined by 0.1% each and now stand at .6%.

These numbers are for a seven day period ending September 11.


3

Comments

Join our community » Google releases latest Android distribution data, Nougat rises but Oreo absent

LG G7 ThinQ with dual cameras, dedicated key for Google Assistant launched

Here’s what to expect at Mobile World Congress 2018

Nokia 9 rumors roundup: Here is everything we know so far

When can you expect Android Oreo on your smartphone?