04 October 2017
Out of Milk is one of the oldest and widely used shopping list apps out there. It means the app has gone some significant changes during its journey so far and in the same direction, it is going through another change to keep up with modern technologies and offer better functionality. The app now features support for both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa assistants so that you can now make or update shopping lists using voice commands instead of typing everything.
It means regardless of what smart home speaker you use (Google Home or Amazon Echo), you can now add items to your shopping list by simply using your voice. The process of setting things up is quite easy where you have to link your Out of Milk account with the smart assistant of your choice. On Google Home, you can get started by saying, "Ok Google, talk to Out of Milk." But if you have Alexa, you will have to say, "Alexa, ask Out of Milk."
Once you have linked your accounts and set everything up, you can make use of voice commands like the ones listed below:
- Add and remove items to a list (e.g. “Add rice to my list.”)
- Include the quantity of an item on a list (e.g. “Add two gallons of milk to my list.”)
- Add multiple items at once to a list (e.g. “Add bananas, cereal, and butter to my list.”)
- Check which list their editing (e.g. “Which list am I in?”)
- Switch between existing lists (e.g. “Switch to my ‘Walmart’ list.”)
- Read off items on a list (e.g. “What is on my current list?”)
- Read off all lists (e.g. “What lists do I have?”)
If you would like to download Out of Milk app, you can get it using the links mentioned below.
- Out of Milk | Android | Google Play Store, Free
- Out of Milk | iOS | iTunes App Store, Free