13 October 2017
ZTE’s Nubia brand announced a new phone Z17S, which is actually its flagship coming with FHD+ full-screen display. The device is made up of 7-series aviation grade aluminum alloy frame and its rear part is covered with 3D glass and further with Corning Gorilla Glass protection with rounded corners. Looks wise, the device is quite beautiful and one of its color variants impresses more.
Nubia Z17S joins the list of smartphones with dual rear cameras and also phones with dual front cameras as it has 12MP Sony IMX362 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and 23MP camera with Sony IMX318 sensor and f/2.0 aperture at the back and two 5MP camera sensor on the front.
- 5.73-inch (2040×1080 pixels) Full HD+ LTPS display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm processor with 710MHz Adreno 540 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Nubia UI 5.1
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.55″ CMOS sensor, dual-tone LED flash, secondary 23MP camera with Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP + 5MP dual front-facing cameras with f/2.2 aperture, 79.9-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3100mAh battery with fast charging
The Nubia Z17S is priced at 2999 yuan (US$ 455) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 3999 yuan (US$ 607). It comes in Black and Blue color variants and is available for order starting today and goes on sale from October 19th in China.