09 November 2017
As Apple announced its flagship iPhone X, various YouTubers went ahead to find out the durability of the best and most expensive iPhone that was ever launched and what they find out is that the phone is most breakable and quite expensive to repair.
In a recent similar test, a very popular YouTuber JerryRigEverthing puts the phone to a series of drop tests to see where it stands in this regard. He puts two phones together, one being iPhone 8 Plus while the other one being iPhone X both getting recorded by two smartphones fixed on tripod stands.
As he explains, iPhone 8 Plus features aluminum frame while iPhone X packs stainless steel manufacturing. One the first drop test, where he drops the phone on his lap which is one of the most common ways to drop a phone, iPhone 8 Plus gets shattered back on the second try though iPhone X still absorbed the bump and showed no signs of back glass cracking.
70.9 x 143.6 x 7.7 mm
5.8 inches - 2436x1125 px
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125) OLED Super Retina display with 458ppi, highest pixel density in an iPhone
- Apple A11 Bionic processor
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB, 256GB
- Dual 12MP cameras with f/1.8 and f/2.4 aperture, 4K video up to 60fps and 1080p slo-mo up to 240fps
- 7MP front facing camera with Face ID tech
- iOS 11
- Wireless charging, LTE, Bluetooth 5.0
- Better battery life than iPhone 7 with Qi ecosystem
Followed by a standing drop test from pocket height, iPhone X showed a little damage on the second try beside the camera bump. Though when dropped from the chest height, iPhone X clearly had a shattered back which would cost the user $279 to get the screen repaired while any other damage like the back glass getting shattered would cost $549 which is like buying whole new high-end smartphones.
Take a look at the full video above and let us know what do you think about it.
- The Apple iPhone X isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.
- The Apple iPhone 8 Plus is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 444. The price/quality is avarage but this is the best device in this price range.