29 May 2018
Since the official launch of the iPhone X, we have talked about a number speed tests featuring flagship devices from almost every major brand including the likes of the Galaxy Note 8, Pixel 2 XL, and Galaxy S8 Plus. But this time around, we have an interesting speed comparison to talk about which includes the iPhone SE. It is the compact iPhone model which Apple launched last year and would look like a mid-range device in front of the iPhone X.
70.9 x 143.6 x 7.7 mm
5.8 inches - 2436x1125 px
58.6 x 123.8 x 7.6 mm
4 inches - 1136x640 px
This iPhone X and iPhone SE comparison has been shared by the YouTube channel Phone Battles. The video starts off with the boot time comparison which was won by iPhone X for obvious reasons for better software and hardware. But it is the app/game launch speed comparison where things get quite interesting. Even though the iPhone SE is powered by Apple's A9 chipset and iPhone X boasts all-new A11 Bionic chipset, the former was able to put up a tough competition. Many of the apps and games launchers were quite neck-to-neck with no huge difference. The RAM management was also quite impressive between the two phones.
As for the camera comparison, iPhone X emerges as the clear winner not only because of the dual cameras but also due to the improvements and use of a better lens. The story remains the same for the front camera as well. You can watch the whole comparison in the video below.
- 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HD display display
- Six-core A11 Bionic 64-bit processor with three-core GPU, M11 motion co-processor
- 64GB RAM
- 256GB storage options
- iOS 11
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- 2716mAH battery
- 4-inch IPS LCD display with 640 x 1136 pixels resolution
- Dual-core Apple A9 processor with PowerVR GT7600 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB/64GB128GB storage options
- 12-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, and dual-tone dual LED flash
- 1.2-megapixel front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 1624mAh battery
- iOS 9.3.2 (upgradable to iOS 10.3.3)
- The Apple iPhone X is available at Amazon for $ 399. The price/quality is avarage but this is the best device in this price range.
- The Apple iPhone SE isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.