22 November 2018
Apple during the recent keynote event announced the rollout of iOS 12.1. This also includes the updated version of Siri Shortcuts app. This app was first released with iOS 12 and with this update gets several new shortcuts and bug fixes. The current update makes Siri Shortcuts more powerful /with useful automation.
Here is the full list of functions added to Shortcuts 2.1:
- Use the current weather in your shortcuts with the Get Current Weather and Get Weather Forecast actions
- Set alarms and timers with the Create Alarm, Toggle Alarm, and Start Timer actions
- Convert between a variety of units with the Measurement and Convert Measurement actions
- Get the most recent set of imported photos from the Photos app with the Get Last Import action
- When you use Siri on HomePod to run a shortcut, media will now automatically playback from HomePod using AirPlay
- You can now stop sharing a shortcut and remove its data from iCloud by opening the iCloud link on iOS and choosing "Stop Sharing" in the Shortcuts app
- The Take Video action now supports starting video recording automatically with the "Start Immediately" option
- You can now use the Call and FaceTime actions with Siri without unlocking your iPhone
This update brings in routine bugs and fixes to the existing issues of Shortcuts app. It can be downloaded for free on any iPhone or iPad running iOS or above s it is not a part of the default update package. You can find the download link below..
Shortcuts| iOS | iTunes App Store, Free