12 June 2019
Update: January 29, 2019
Apple has also released the first Public beta of macOS Mojave 10.14.4 and tvOS 12.2.
The release is done through the Apple Beta Software Program so all you have to do is to follow the instructions and update the corresponding software betas. Once the instructions followed, you’ll receive the latest beta version through OTA updates.
Mac users can install the macOS Mojave 10.14.4 public by opening the Preferences app and clicking on the Software Updates panel. Apple TV users can install the update by clicking the Software Update under the Settings. The watchOS 5.2 hasn't yet received its first Public Beta.
Days after Apple released a public beta for iOS 12.1.3 which essentially didn’t bring in any major update or features the company announced first developer beta of iOS 12.2. After the company has done the beta testing, the public beta is out for users to download already.
The iOS 12.2 extends Apple News to Canada allowing users to access news stories in English or French and brings the support for recently introduced AirPlay 2 and HomeKit on third-party Smart TVs announced during CES 2019.
This update also brings in some tweaks to the Wallet app, Safari browser, icon tweaks, and changes to the Downtime feature in screen time and more.
Changelog for iOS 12.2
- Initial support for AirPlay 2 TVs in the Home app for HomeKit
- Screen Mirroring icon in Control Center changed
- Control Center tile for Apple TV Remote now works with AirPlay 2 TVs too and has been redesigned
- Stocks app icon for Mac has been redrawn (likely a mistake)
- Apple News expanding to Canada
- ‘Last Transaction’ UI in Wallet updated, easier to see transaction details
- Signs of Apple News Premium with paid access
- Air Quality now included in Maps (toggle in Settings)
- Websites can now automatically use dark mode themes in Safari 12.1 on macOS 10.14.4, previously limited to Safari Technology Preview
- Richer Siri assets like an in-line music player