07 April 2017
Along with the watchOS 3.2 update, Apple has now started rolling out the macOS 10.12.4 update for the Mac through the Mac App Store. The beta version of the update included changes to Siri, Dictation, and Apple’s PDF API, listed as follows:
- Night Shift now available on the Mac.
- Dictation support for Shanghainese.
- Ask Siri about cricket scores, schedules and player rosters. Siri knows about statistics and data from the Indian Premier League and International Cricket Council.
- Updated PDFKit APIs for better displaying of PDFs in apps that use the framework.
The macOS 10.12.4 brings in:
- iCloud Analytics is now present as an opt-in step at setup
- Mac App Store gains Touch Bar support, Volume slider now visually indicates levels
Apple defines the Night Shift feature as:
Night Shift adjusts the color of your display after sunset. Many studies show that exposure to bright-blue light in the evening can affect your circadian rhythms and make it harder to fall asleep. After sunset, Night Shift will shift your display colors to the warmer end of the spectrum, making the display easier on your eyes. In the morning, your display returns to its regular settings.