23 January 2018
Several apps are getting updated to fully support the new iOS version, which is iOS 11. For instance, Apple iWork suite of productivity apps received an update in order to support the new features of the iOS 11. Now, the image editing tool Pixelmator is also receiving an update that makes it fully compatible with iOS 11.
The latest version of the update for the Pixelmator is v2.4 Cobalt that brings many important additions, including the support for the HEIF format for images and the ability to Drag and Drop files into Pixelmator projects. The addition of High-Efficiency Image File (HEIF) ensures that the Pixelmator is able to use photographs taken on an iPad or an iPhone using the format that improves the compression of images efficiently without losing the quality.
The update to the iOS version of Pixelmator brings similar changes as seen in the app for the macOS. The last update came earlier this month made the app compatible with macOS High Sierra.
Here are the release notes –
- Pixelmator for iOS is now fully compatible with iOS 11.
- Drag and Drop support lets you move images and graphics between Pixelmator for iPad and other apps more easily than ever.
- Support for importing HEIF images.
- Pixelmator would quit unexpectedly when zooming in after starting a selection. Fixed.
- The composition would sometimes disappear when adding or removing layers. Fixed.
- Certain buttons in the Color and Format popovers would occasionally not respond to touches. Fixed.
- Pixelmator would sometimes stop responding after closing an image and immediately opening it again. Fixed.
Pixelmator for iOS is available in the iOS App Store for $4.99. It is compatible with the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Pixelmator v2.4 Cobalt | iOS | App Store, $4.99