12 June 2019
Asus ROG Phone seems to be preparing for the Android 9 Pie upgrade as it has been spotted running the latest Android version on Geekbench. The listing shows an Asus device with the model number ASUS_Z01QD which is the model number for the ROG Phone. It looks like the team has started to test the newer version internally before going for the public release.
The listing reveals that the Asus ROG Phone is running Android 9 which is officially known as Android 9.0 Pie. It is listed with 8GB of RAM and Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor which is the base configuration of the gaming phone. With the help of the new software experience, it managed to score 2403 and 8889 in single and multi-core tests.
It should be noted that even though Geekbench listing suggests Android Pie is coming to the ROG Phone, it is difficult to say when exactly it will happen. Asus can choose to release it as soon as this week and can even take time going for at least a month. Either way, we will keep you updated about any information related to ROG Phone updates.
76.2 x 158.8 x 8.6 mm
6 inches - 2160x1080 px
- 6-inch Full HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED 90Hz display with Wide Color Gamut and HDR
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- 256GB and 512GB internal storage
- Dual 12-megapixel and 8-megapixel rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, and dual-pixel PDAF
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 4000mAh battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo