11 December 2019
Asus has released a new software update for ZenFone 6 which brings the newest June 2019 security patch. It is the latest Android security patch from Google with fixes for different security flaws and vulnerabilities. Other than the security, the update brings a number of other features too including ARCore support.
Here is the complete Zenfone 6 update changelog:
- Enabled ARCore
- Improved Video Call Experience
- Enabled 8X zoom in Photo mode
- Removed the time limit for FHD video recording
- Added the function to start/stop video recording with Volume Keys in the Camera app
- Improved Photo Image Quality on Noice Reduction
- Improved Camera Flipping Stability
- Optimized Screenshot Stability and solved bug related to screenshot functionality
- Enabled TaiwanMobile VoWiFi
- Updated Security Patch to June 2019
- Updated Translation Strings in Settings
It is an over the air update for all the ZenFone 6 users. If you own the device, you should be receiving a notification anytime now. It is advised that you are connected to a WiFi connection before starting the download process. As for kicking off the installation, make sure that the battery level is above 50%.
And don't forget to share your views about the update with us using the comments section below.