12 September 2019
Asus’ latest gaming smartphone ROG Phone 2 got sold in a jiffy in China. Going by what is shared by the company on its official Weibo page, 10,000 units of the ROG Phone 2 got sold in just 73 seconds during the first sale. This explains the rise and demand for mobile gaming in the industry.
The latest gaming phone by Asus went official in July and the company had taken 2.5 million reservations for the device and in fact, some fans were out of luck as they couldn’t pick the device during the time.
Keeping its gaming-centric features aside, the ROG Phone 2 is one of the most powerful devices which comes with an impressive set of specifications. Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus processor, 12GB RAM, and up to 512GB UFS 3.0 onboard storage makes this device a real beast and along with some gaming-specific features, the device just becomes the best choice for hardcore mobile gamers.
Features like 120Hz display, clip-on gamepad, attractive looks, special kickstand case, and massive battery capacity make this device an irresistible gadget to buy. Selling of the phone like hot cakes shows the demand for gaming smartphones among users. Manufacturers do know where a part of the market is inclining and that’s how they are bringing gaming smartphones in the industry.
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 120Hz OLED HDR display, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus SoC with 675MHz Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB/12GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 128GB/512GB (UFS 3.0) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ROG UI
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, up to 4K 60fps video recording, 13MP 125° ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 170.99×77.6×9.78mm; Weight: 240 g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ) / 802.11ad 60GHz, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAH battery
Asus apologized to the people who couldn't buy it and promised to increase the production capacity of the device so that it could reach more and more buyers. The future sales will commence on August 4, August 7, and August 12.