20 August 2020
UPDATE (November 27th, 2019):
Asus has started rolling out ZenFone 5Z Android 10 stable update globally. It bears the version number 100.04.44.98 which will be released over the air (OTA) to all the users. One can check for the update manually by visiting system settings and software update section.
Asus ZenFone 5Z Android 10 update changelog:
- Upgraded system to Android 10
- Support Google Play system update
- Removed Page Marker, ZeniMoji, Selfie Master, Beauty Live, Kids Mode, Easy Mode, weather animation setting, AI charging, WebStorage, Go2Pay, Report Location in Safeguard, and Yandex cloud option in File Manager
- Removed the support of Twin app for "Arena of Valor, PUBG, Vainglory, and Injustice 2"
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 10. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 9 by an official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Upgraded APN settings
- Moved Themes and Mobile Manager to Advanced Settings
Original (October 24th, 2019)
Asus has started rolling out its first Android 10 beta with ZenUI 6 for the ZenFone 5Z. The Release Notes mentions so many changes and features coming to the device. The update packs in the Android security patch for October 2019 and includes some bugs as well since it’s a beta update.
The Android 10 beta for the Zenfone 5Z brings some significant improvements and features as well. Some highlighted ones are a special mode for one-handed use, native screen recorder, Asus’ Game Genie. Some other notable changes included in the Release Notes are app info screen design, WiFi network design, WiFi QR code sharing/scanning feature; notification tray design has also been changed. And, of course, expect to see some Android 10 most notable features like system-wide Dark Mode and fully gesture navigation.
Sharing a few bugs mentioned in the long list – the theme does not yet support “My Creation,” inductive payment isn’t available, also, some IoT devices/ 3rd party apps are not available. SD card transmission speed is also slow.
Many companies have released stable versions of Android 10 to some of their devices directly following the first stable rollout of Android 10. But some are also following the beta program like Oppo and LG, now Asus also joins in.
You can download the update manually and follow the steps on your Zenfone 5z phone. Head over to the source link provided below to download it.