29 August 2017
Dell Inc. seems to be all geared up for another great year as it wins the CES Innovation Award Honoree title even before the Consumer Electronics Show kicks off. One of these is Dell's most successful product - the XPS 13, which has earned more awards than any other product in Dell's 32 year history.
This revolutionary device will see a brand new iteration as well this year, and Dell is all set to announce the XPS 13 2-in-1 which will be "adding more flexibility and improvements making it even thinner, sleeker and fitting it with a 360-degree hinge to enable greater productivity and offer multiple viewing options."
We saw some earlier reports of the XPS 13 (9365) leaking before CES. These reports have now been confirmed, and Dell has officially announced the device which brings several new features;
- The world’s smallest 13-inch 2-in-1 with battery life up to 15 hours
- Eye-popping clarity with a gorgeous QHD+ (5.7M pixels) InfinityEdge touch display, a first for a 2-in-1
- HDR-ready (high dynamic range) display for incredibly life-like images when watching HDR10 content; available later this year
- Windows Hello enabled finger print reader to easily and securely unlock the system with a touch; also comes with an infrared camera to enable Windows Hello at a later date
- A business configuration with 7th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors and Dell BIOS and manageability software – all backed by Dell’s global services and support
According to Dell, the XPS 13 has helped the company achieve a growth in PC market share for 15 consecutive quarters, or almost 4 years. It has received the "Laptop of the Year" award from the Wall Street Journal, WIRED and Laptop Magazine for two years in a row. The title has also been conferred upon it by sites such as Windows Central, Computer Shopper, PC Mag, Digital Trends, and so on.
Needlessly to say, the XPS 13 has become a very relevant device in the laptop PC market, and we can definitely expect great things from the device in the time to come.