07 December 2018
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Forbidden City Edition is expected to go on sale in December this year and will cost CNY 5,000 ($720/€630), which is the same price as the 8/256GB model sold by the company. The base variant of the phone with 6 GB of RAM and 128GB of storage is priced at CNY 3,300.
The new Forbidden city Edition has 10GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. It has a unique blue color that is inspired by the ceramic vases of one of the ruling dynasties of China. The phones back are made of ceramic which gives it an elegant and premium feel.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Forbidden City Edition has been jointly created by Xiaomi and the Palace Museum. It comes with the sapphire blue curved glass body and has a Chinese mythical beast in gold called Xie Zhi, which is regarded as a sacred animal in China that can deter evil.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 special edition comes in various gift boxes that include a 24K gold bronze statues, a 10W wireless charger, theme download cards, and a smartphone protective case.
The phone has a 6.39-inch Samsung AMOLED display with 2340 × 1080 pixels display resolution and a screen aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Under the hood, the phone is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, with 10GB LPDDR4X memory, and 256GB UFS 2.1 flash storage. It has a 24MP + 2MP dual-front camera and a rear 12MP wide angle + 12MP telephoto dual-camera. The phone is backed by a 3200mAh battery.
Key Specs of Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Forbidden City Edition are:
- Display size: 6.4 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 403 ppi,
- Camera: 12.2 MP + 12 MP dual rear camera, 24 MP + 2MP dual front camera
- Dimensions: 6.22 x 2.94 x 0.33 inches (157.89 x 74.69 x 8.46 mm)
- Weight: 7.69 oz (218 g)
- Biometrics: Facial recognition, Fingerprint (touch)
- Colours: Black, Green, Blue System chip:
- Soc: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SDM845, Octa-core
- Memory:10 GB RAM/ 256GB ROM
- OS: Android (9.0 Pie)
- Battery: 3200 mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+, Built-in (Qi wireless charging)