comment
Username or Email
Password
Forgot password?
Or
Join and
publish
You're almost done! Define a user name and password.
Username
Email
Password
Senha
Register
    Membro Senior

YouTube Gaming app now set to shut down on May 30

All the features of the app have been migrated to the YouTube app.

Click here to read the full news

The YouTube Gaming app's user base is obviously those who are interseted in the gaming thing, while the main YT app, is more universal. It's actually right to see the standalone app being killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MayaSingh View Post
    The YouTube Gaming app's user base is obviously those who are interseted in the gaming thing, while the main YT app, is more universal. It's actually right to see the standalone app being killed.
    And if more users are associated with the main app, this also means smaller user base translates to killing features and apps as seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by ParcyJac View Post
    And if more users are associated with the main app, this also means smaller user base translates to killing features and apps as seen in the past.
    Could another reason be the rise of Google Stadia? If there's already one dedicated new arm for gaming, and the YT Gaming app's features migrating to the main app, why keep it in the first place?

YouTube ads are really boring when I watch any video. Anyway, already I have lucky patcher app on my device. When the app will come, I will try to block ads from this YT gaming app...