comment
Username or Email
Password
Forgot password?
Or
Join and
publish
You're almost done! Define a user name and password.
Username
Email
Password
Senha
Register
    Membro Senior

Meizu may not use Qualcomm chipset in 2017 despite settlement of patent dispute

Meizu higher officials didn't confirm about a Qualcomm chipset powered flagship in 2017.

Click here to read the full news

Yeah, actually it was great to see the company registering a growth of 10%, even when the phone market in general was seeing a decline. So, Meizu deserves a good warm congrats.

News had come out in the past that the dispute had been settled and that Meizu now would start using Qualcomm chips again. But why not now?

Quote Originally Posted by SarojiniBabar View Post
    News had come out in the past that the dispute had been settled and that Meizu now would start using Qualcomm chips again. But why not now?
    It looks like there's no concrete reason provided by Meizu for this action. So, we aren't in the right position to give the reasons, I guess. But as a matter of fact, I am also curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by NiranjanKoshit View Post
    It looks like there's no concrete reason provided by Meizu for this action. So, we aren't in the right position to give the reasons, I guess. But as a matter of fact, I am also curious to know.
    It looks like Meizu might have decided to use the MediaTek high-end chipsets after the disputes with Qualcomm. And even if the issue has been settled now, they aren't in the correct frame of mind to change the decision.