08 March 2018
If you are one of the Nexus 6P users, then you might have a chance at receiving $400 claim as a result of the class action suit against the bootlooping and random shutdown issue that made headlines in 2016. At that time, both Google and Huawei officially acknowledged the existence of the issue at that time.
Earlier this year, the lawsuit saw claim details being finalized by the court. The exact claim details were announced which vary depending on the extent of the severity of the issue affecting you. It is worth noting that you will be ineligible for the claim if you opted for the Pixel XL upgrade program that Google was running back then.
Here is a detailed breakdown of the claim that you can expect to get:
- $400 for those who experienced both bootloop and battery drain issue on multiple devices and also have documented proof
- $325 for those who experienced only bootloop issue and have documented proof
- $150 for those who experienced only battery drain issue and have documented proof
- $75 for those who experienced only bootloop issue but have no documentation
- $45 for those who experienced only battery drain issue but have no documentation
- $10 for those who own Nexus 6P but did not face any of the issues
There is a dedicated website where Nexus 6P owners can go and file for the claim. There are some details that are required to be filled after which your claim gets submitted. The one thing that you should keep in mind is that even though claims can be filed now, they are still subject to acceptance by the court. It means there is still a possibility that these claims might get rejected but nevertheless, there is no harm in filling for one.