13 February 2020
Google has released the December 2019 security patch for all eligible Pixel devices and devices from other OEMs. The update is available for all Pixel devices ranging from the latest Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL to the original Pixel and Pixel XL. As for other smartphone makers, Essential is the only one to have confirmed the release of the security patch.
It is an over the air (OTA) update for all these Pixel devices. It means if you own any of these phones, you should receive an update notification anytime soon. For those who do not want to wait and are familiar with the manual installation, Google has also released OTA zip files that can be downloaded at will. It should be noted this is the final software update for first-generation Pixel and Pixel XL phones as confirmed by Google last month.
The build number of the update for each eligible device is listed below:
- QP1A.191005.007.A3 build for Pixel and Pixel XL
- QQ1A.191205.008 build for Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- QQ1A.191205.008 build for Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL
- QQ1B.191205.011 (T-Mobile, Fi, EMEIA), QQ1C.191205.016.A1 (Japan & Taiwan), and QQ1B.191205.012.A1 (all other carriers) for Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL
Essential has also announced that Essential Phone owners can now download and install December 2019 security patch. The update has the build number QQ1A.191205.017 which will become available over the air. It is not surprising as Essential the fastest non-Google OEM at releasing software updates.
Our December software update is here. Check your Essential Phone for the update! pic.twitter.com/76nP0sTDHu— Essential (@essential) December 2, 2019
- The Google Pixel 4 is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 509.
- The Google Pixel 4 XL is available at Amazon Marketplace for $ 609.
- The Essential PH-1 isn't still available online. To be notified when it becomse available click here.