15 September 2020
Redmi, sub-brand of Xiaomi has launched its first-ever gaming laptop that goes by the name Redmi G and it has been introduced in China first. The laptop features everything that you would expect from a gaming laptop, including a high refresh rate display, solid CPU and GPU, and a special cooling system as well.
Talking first about the design, the Redmi G looks sturdy as it appears to have a strong build, though aesthetics are pretty clean compared to other beefy gaming laptops. Redmi describes the design to be a “cyberpunk-like mecha” design on the rear. The back of the Redmi G uses 3D engraving as well.
Redmi G gaming laptop has a 16.1-inch Full HD display and high color gamut. The display supports 178-degree super wide viewing angle and DC dimming which means the display will not flicker at low brightness levels. The laptop does so by dimming the backlight by adjusting DC current drawn by the display. Furthermore, it supports a 144Hz refresh rate for an even smoother gaming experience.
It has an unconventionally designed spacebar and Redmi claims it has been specially designed to offer a more accurate control experience. Also, the laptop has a full-size backlit keyboard.
The Redmi G has DTS surround 3D sound effects for an immersive stereo experience by offering better bass and louder treble. One of the main highlights of the Redmi G gaming laptop is Wi-Fi 6 that brings better and faster connectivity and lower latency.
It is powered by the Intel Core i7 10th-gen processor and has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti. The Redmi G is equipped with a six-fold cooling system, which includes intake and outlet vents. There are three independent copper pipes for heat dissipation under the hood as well.
- 16.1-inch Full HD display with 144Hz refresh rate on two variants and a 60Hz refresh rate on bae variant, 178-degree viewing angle, 3000 nits of brightness
- Up to 10th-gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor
- Up to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti GPU
- 16GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM
- 512 SSD storage, up to 2TB M.2 PCIe/SATA SSD slot
- Windows 10
- 1MP HD camera
- 55Wh battery with up to 5.5h of 1080p local video playback, 6h web browsing, 180W charging
- Connectivity options - Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 ax), Bluetooth 5.1, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB Type-C, 1x Mini DP 1.4, 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 1x Gigabit port, and a power input port
- Base variant (60Hz display, i5-10200H CPU, GeForce GTX 1650Ti GPU) – CNY 4,999 (~$719)
- Higher variant (144Hz display, i5-10300H CPU and GTX 1659Ti GPU) – CNY 5,799 (~$834)
- Highest model (144Hz, i7-10750H CPU and GTX 1650Ti GPU) – CNY 6,599 (~$949)
The Redmi G gaming laptop comes in Black color option and is now available for order. It will go on sale in China starting from August 17th.