01 July 2016
Hewlett-Packard recently introduced an ultra-portable notebook which will compete against Apple's thin MacBook Air , Lenovo's Thinkpad X300 and other high-end lightweight notebooks.
The first two in this Voodoo range are the powerful Voodoo Omen desktop PC and the ultra-mobile Voodoo Envy 133 notebook.
Voodoo Envy 133 is thinner than Apple MacBook Air which is thinner thinner than the Thinkpad X30.
Feauters of Envy 133 :
- 133 stands for 13.3" display
- 0.7" thick
- Carbon Fiber casing
- WiFi N (100+ Mbps)
- Starts at $2099
- Replaceable Battery - 3.45 hours of battery life between charges.
- Integrated Webcam .
- Developed using the smallest available Intel Centrino technology and elements from an innovative Intel reference design.
- 13.3-inch LED WXGA (1280 x 800)
- User can surf the Web and make Skype calls within a few seconds . Called Voodoo IOS, this environment is powered by Splashtop and gives you the full Internet without having to run Vista in the background.
- Ports - For extensive usability, Voodoo Envy 133 systems come with a variety of I/O ports, including headphone/microphone, HDMI, USB 2.0 (1x) and a shared e-SATA/USB (1x).
Other than that, it packs a fast CPU, an SDD drive , weighs about 3.4lbs and has an instant-on OS (Voodoo IOS,probably linux-based) that can boot in a snap to let you access the web and other basic applications.Envy like Mac air comes with the same processors and either HDD or SSD while ThinkPad X300 comes only with SSD.The Envy 133 will have a starting price of $2,099 and is scheduled to ship this summer. Apple's MacBook Air has a starting price of $1799, and the ThinkPad X300 starts at about $2,500.