26 March 2018
HTC has expanded its Desire family by launching two new smartphones – Desire 12 and Desire 12+. These are said to be the new affordable offerings coming with a good set of specifications. They both feature 18:9 displays and 2.5D glass screens. HTC is mainly touting the wider view of the two devices that will make the users glued to the phones. Both the phones recall U11’s liquid surface and incorporate a durable glass backing surface with a new aerodynamic look.
HTC Desire 12 features a 5.5-inch display and the Desire 12+ comes with a 6-inch display and they both are thin are comfortable to hold in the hands despite the large format screens. Both of them come with HTC Sense companion app that provides you insights about several things on how to use the smartphone better. For instance, you’ll get a notification if you’re using a phone a little too much in a day. It will tell you that you’re using it in the ‘above average’ usage category. It provides Battery Saver reminders and tells you about other performance improvements that need to be taken care of at the earliest.
HTC Desire 12 and Desire 12+ smartphones include a 13MP main camera, however, Desire 12+ comes with one more camera – 2MP. According to HTC, the dual cameras of the Desire 12+ allow you to refocus the photographs later or add a blurred effect’ the secondary camera of this setup lets you take the Bokeh effect. The front-facing camera on the Desire 12+ also comes with Beauty mode so that you can enhance your selfies.
You can take a look at the specifications provided below and know how they both differ.
- 5.5-inch HD+ display with 720x1440 pixels resolution
- Quad-core MediaTek MT6739 processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, expansion up to 2TB using microSD card
- 13MP rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash, PDAF, full HD video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.4 aperture, 720p video recording
- Android with HTC Sense
- 2730mAH battery
- 148.5 x 70.8 x 8.2mm dimensions
- 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz)
- 6-inch HD+ IPS LCD display
- Snapdragon 450 processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expansion up to 2TB
- 13MP+2MP dual camera, PDAF, full HD video recording, Bokeh mode
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, Beauty mode
- Android 8.0 with HTC Sense
- 2965mAH battery
- 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS with GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4)
HTC Desire 12 and HTC Desire 12+ will be available on HTC Italian's e-commerce channel in Cool Black and Warm Silver colors. Price and availability for the country are yet to be disclosed (Color choices for the Desire 12 are Black and Silver and the pricing sits between €185 and €199.)