18 May 2020
HTC has launched the Desire 19s which is the lighter version of the Desire 19+ that was made official in June this year. HTC has not been performing good in smartphones business but this reason never keeps the company away from launching new phones. The company has its own pace and in no hurry to compete with others in the industry, at least for now.
Now, the Desire 19s comes as a mid-range smartphone for Taiwan. It features a dual-tone design where the top portion has a glossy finish and houses triple cameras plus the fingerprint scanner, the remaining part has a textured appeal. On the front, the device has a typical waterdrop-style notch that houses the camera for carrying out the usual stuff like selfies or video calling.
The HTC Desire 19s is powered by Helio P22 processor assisted by a 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage which can be upgraded further using a microSD card. It runs Sense UI based Android 9 Pie OS. It features a 6.2-inch display with 720x1520 pixels resolution. The triple rear cameras setup includes a 13MP main shooter with an f/2.2 aperture, 5MP ultrawide lens with f/2.2 aperture depth assist lens of 5MP. On the front, the device holds a 16MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
- 6.2-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 display
- 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 (MT6762) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 9 (Pie) with HTC Sense UI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 13MP (primary with f/1.85 aperture) +5MP (ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture) +5MP (depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture)
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 3850mAh battery; 10W charging
The price of the HTC Desire 19s is TW$ 5990 (US$ 196) and it is available in Free Blue and Yashi Black color options. There is no word on global availability yet.