18 February 2017
Intel has officially launched its new Centrino 2 platform after 3 weeks delay.The Centrino 2 platform comes in two forms, one is for general users, and the other one with Intel's vPro technology for business customers. The Centrino 2 has focused on high-definition media play capability with more power efficiency.There will be five new processors available within the Centrino 2 family.Intel also showcased the Core 2 Extreme Mobile Processor X9100.Intel is considering of adding a capabilty for game players to switch the display between Discrete and integrated graphics cards to make optimum use of battery life.Intel has introduced a terminology for this platform which they are calling HUGI, which stands for "Hurry Up and Get Idle."
According to Intel the new technology will enable the new 2.8GHz processor to eat-up 60 percent less electricity than its 2.33GHz processor on a single task, and that also 30 second early.Also the Wi-Fi 802.11n will be a standard in the Centrino 2.
The five new Core 2 processors are :
* X9100 Core 2 Extreme - 3.06GHz - 6MB cache - 44W TDP
* T9600 Core 2 Duo - 2.80GHz - 6MB cache - 35W TDP
* T9400 Core 2 Duo - 2.53GHz - 6MB cache - 35W TDP
* P9500 Core 2 Duo - 2.53GHz - 6MB cache - 25W TDP
* P8600 Core 2 Duo - 2.40GHz - 3MB cache - 25W TDP
* P8400 Core 2 Duo - 2.26GHz - 3MB cache - 25W TDP
Laptop makers like Lenovo, Acer,HP ,Dell and others will roll out their latest laptops with the Centrino 2.