Curiosity 12 May
Samsung and LG are two of the biggest South Korean names in the consumer electronics market. They both are known for releasing great products around the world which makes the battle between the two an interesting one. This is the reason we will talk about a speed test and camera comparison featuring the LG G7 ThinQ and Samsung Galaxy S9+.
In this test, both these Android flagships are powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. They come with all the amazing features that you would expect from a modern flagship like bezel-less display, dual rear cameras, great front camera, big battery, and latest Android version.
Starting with the speed test, both LG G7 ThinQ and Galaxy S9+ performed quite close. The competition was neck-to-neck until the games appeared where the latter turned out to be slightly faster. The difference between the two was visible only because of the side-by-side comparison otherwise there was nothing to be disappointed about.
In the camera comparison stage, both flagships clicked some impressive shots but LG had a slight advantage because of the wide-angle lens. It means it was able to capture more without cropping anything or requiring the user to make certain adjustments to make sure that everything was coming in the frame. Samsung had its moments during low-light shots where it offered more natural shots.
71.9 x 153.2 x 7.9 mm
6.1 inches - 3120x1440 px
- 6.1-inch QHD+ (3120 x 1440) display with a notch
- Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- 4GB/6GB of RAM
- 64 GB/128 GB internal storage
- Dual 16 MP rear cameras (one normal and one "ultra-wide")
- 8MP front camera
- Fingerprint reader
- IP68 certification against water and dust
- Boombox Technology
- 3000 mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo with LG's custom UI
73.8 x 158.1 x 8.5 mm
6.2 inches - 2960x1440 px
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 or Samsung Exynos 9810 Chipset
- 6 GB RAM
- 64, 128, and 256 GB of storage
- 12-megapixel dual rear cameras with variable aperture f/1.5 - f/2.4 and OIS
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with autofocus
- 2x optical zoom and selective focus
- Fingerprint reader and Iris scanner
- 3500 mAh battery
- IP68 certification for water and dust resistance
- Android Oreo layered with Samsung's custom UI