01 April 2019
The LG G8 ThinQ was one of the 2019 Android flagships to get unveiled at MWC 2019 in Barcelona last month. It was showcased to the whole world at the stage but with no information on the pricing. LG has finally shared LG G8 ThinQ pricing details for the South Korean market which gives an idea of what to expect around the world as well.
In the official blog post, LG revealed that the LG G8 ThinQ will be sold for 897,600 Won (about $790) in South Korea. The pricing is relatively cheaper than the LG G7 ThinQ when it went on sale for the first time last year. If we compare with this year's flagships, the pricing is quite close to the Samsung Galaxy S10e, the most affordable offering in the Galaxy S10 lineup.
LG says that the LG G8 ThinQ will be available for pre-orders between March 15th and March 20th with sales set to begin March on 22nd. It is offering free one-time screen replacement as part of the launch offer. There will also be a free case included with the packaging. It did not share any details regarding global availability but we expect that to happen sooner than later.
71.8 x 151.9 x 8.4 mm
6.1 inches - 3120x1440 px
- 6.1-inch Quad HD+ (3120 x 1440 pixels) AMOLED display with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- 6GB of RAM
- 128GB internal storage (microSD card up to 512GB)
- 12-megapixel, 16-megapixel, and 12-megapixel triple rear cameras with f/1.5 and f/1.9 aperture
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture and a TOF camera
- 3500mAh battery for 18W fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie