15 October 2019
LG has re-introduced the G8X ThinQ smartphone in Korea as V50S ThinQ with 5G support. The G8X ThinQ was unveiled at IFA event this year and now the same device is launched in Korea as well but with another name.
The highlight of this smartphone is its Dual Display accessory which appears as a flip case for the smartphone. The accessory replaces the pogo-pin mechanism and comes with the same size and resolution as the main V50S ThinQ, thus giving a feel of a device with two displays. The second display can be set to different angles thanks to 360 Freestop Hinge. The second display looks identical and it’s the notch that makes the overall appearance more real. One more 2.1-inch Cover display can be attached on the outside to simply to a peek at important notifications, also, time, date, battery charge.
The LG V50S ThinQ features a 6.4-inch FullVision FHD+ OLED display and is powered by Snapdragon 855 processor coupled with 8GB RAM. The device comes with dual rear cameras - 13MP 136-degree super-wide-angle and 12MP standard sensor. There’s also a 32MP camera on the front that merges four pixels to form better output.
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) 19.5:9 FHD+ FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC with Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 256GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture with LED flash
- 32MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, FM Radio
- Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 4,000mAH battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The price of the LG V50S ThinQ is 11,99,000 Korean Won (US$ 1,003) and it comes in the Black color option. Interestingly, the dual-screen accessory comes for free. It will be rolled out through top telecom operators SK Telecom, KT, and LG Uplus in Korea from October 11th. It will be launched as G8X ThinQ in North America and Europe soon.