26 October 2018
Xiaomi launched its Redmi Y2 smartphone in June this year. There’s good news for those Indian users who currently have the Xiaomi Redmi Y2 smartphone as the company has now started the rollout of MIUI 10 stable ROM via OTA. The announcement was made on Twitter by none other than the Global VP of Xiaomi, Manu Kumar.
#MIUI10! Stable ROM for #RedmiY2 is available now 👏— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) September 11, 2018
Check it out: https://t.co/CKulFxC9F7
Mi Fans! Remaining devices will also receive #MIUI10 very soon. Stay tuned.@XiaomiIndia @MIUI_India pic.twitter.com/mCaPwliIIl
The latest update bears the firmware version MIUI 10.0.1.0.OEFMIFH. The update is available through OTA and packed into a 501MB file. As expected, the update also brings with it the August security patch with a few changes here and there. Users will also have the option of downloading the update and manually flashing it. However, the easiest route to go is to get the OTA update. You can do this by navigating to the settings and system update option located there. However, ensure that your device has substantial battery power.
Here’s a look at the full changelog:
Designed for full screen experience
- All-new full screen gestures will change the way you interact with your device. They can do everything you used buttons for, except they're faster, smarter, and more convenient.
- All-new UI is tailored for full screen devices and lets the content take the front stage.
Natural sound system
- You won't get tired of natural and ever-changing sounds of MIUI 10
- We simplified system sounds and applied smart filters, so you'll hear something only when you need to
- Ambient sounds of the forest, beach, drizzle, stove fire, and summer night will help you to relax and focus on what's important
Other improvements and optimizations
- AI brings Portrait mode to single camera devices! Blur the background on your portrait shots and look as gorgeous as you feel
- Other system apps (including Clock and Notes) got a major revamp too